Bridgetown is quite a large town located upon the Blackwood River, about 40 minutes drive from Bunbury on the road towards Pemberton and Manjimup.
Situated in a picturesque river valley surround by undulating hills, Bridgetown is subject to cool, frosty winters but pleasant mild summers. As a result, it is one of the greenest and most beautiful towns in the south west.
With many gardens and parks throughout the township, numerous walking trails along the river, and some quaint buildings including the impressive Bridgetown Hotel, this town has a lot of appeal.
Places of interest in and around Bridgetown include:
– Nearby Greenbushes, a historic settlement which is the oldest and longest continually mined field in Western Australia.
– Christmas @ 139 – a little Christmas shop that will just amaze you
– the Bridgetown Hotel with it’s impressive facade
– the bridge over the Blackwood River running through the town
– Blues of Bridgetown festival every November, and the Bridgetown in the Winter festival.
View the Bridgetown Locations map
Bridgetown – Greenbushes Visitor Centre
154 Hampton Street BRIDGETOWN 6255
Within Australia: 1800 777 140
Tel: (08) 9761 1740
(08) 9761 1555