Cowaramup is a small town about 10 minutes before Margaret River township, located on the Bussell Highway and with a somewhat alternative country style.
‘Cow Town’ as it is affectionately know still maintains some of that old style charm and eccentricity. In the middle of the town you will find a pretty little park with a statue of a gold cow in diving pose atop a tall post. Called Rump-On-A-Stump, it is a take-off of a statue of a diving woman at a well known vineyard nearby.
Coming into town you pass the main sporting oval and cluster of shops. You will also notice the town is dotted with life-size cow statues which have become very popular with tourists taking photos.
Cowaramup is actually named after the Cowara parrot, but Cow Town seems most appropriate.
Places of attraction in and around Cowaramup include:
– the main park with amphitheater and statue
– the cows along the main street
– beautiful rolling hills at the back of town towards Jindong Rd
– Cowaramup Brewery and Bootleg Brewery
– The Margaret River Chocolate Factory