Located just 15 minutes adjacent to the Porongurup Range and within easy reach of the Stirling Range, Mount Barker is a quaint small agricultural town, rich in history and heritage that has diversified into viticulture and wildflower cultivation and the only place you will find every species of Banskia grown.
The area around Mount Barker is significant for wine growing and award winning wineries with cellar doors that take in the picturesque views. Enjoy seasonal produce and discover specialist display gardens, craft galleries and wander heritage trails and scenic drives. Mount Barker Hill provides panoramic views across the ranges and back to Albany.
Places of interest in and around Mt Barker:
– Mt Barker wine region, one of five wine regions in the Great Southern
– The Old Police Station and Gaol, now a thematic museum
– Saint Werburghs Chapel, which still conducts services by candlelight.
– The nearby Porongurups wine region
– Porongurup National Park and the Granite Skywalk